Call for Abstracts
The Organising Committee invites you to submit a scientific abstract of your original research for a poster presentation.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Abstracts must be submitted on the 2019 PACSA Congress Abstract form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants of the 2019 PACSA Congress. Completed registration must be received by Velocity Vision by 30 September, 2019 in order to be considered.
- Abstracts must be of completed original research and must not be, or have been, published or presented at any other South African meeting prior to the 2019 PACSA Congress.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must have a word count of no more than 250 words.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the PACSA Congress Organising Committee.
Rules for submission
The presenting author ("Abstract Submitter") must be registered to attend the PACSA Congress and present the poster presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. By submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter confirms the following:
I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Meeting website, programmes, other promotions, etc.).
The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights to all the information and content (“Content“) provided to the Organising Committee of the 2019 PACSA Congress. The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
I hereby confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Abstract preparation for submission
Utilise the Abstract outline to submit your abstract. Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Author and co-authors’ details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country.
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements. (Please note: do not include graphs/tables/images in the abstract). We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
- Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- To assist in preparing your poster please note the following:
- Posters should not exceed 841mm wide by 1189mm tall (A0 – portrait). Posters exceeding this size may not be displayed due to space limitations.
- Please visit the Registration desk upon arrival, where you will be directed to the poster area.
- Posters should be mounted on the relevant poster board on Friday 8 November by lunch time if possible.
- Poster boards will be clearly marked with the title of your poster.
- Please use double sided tape to mount your poster.
- No display tables, electrical outlets or A/V items will be provided to poster presenters.
- Posters must be removed from the boards at the end of the last day of the Congress (12h00, Sunday 10 November). Remaining posters will be considered disposable. It is the responsibility of the poster presenter to remove the poster.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
Abstract selection and presentation
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of their abstract acceptance.
Deadline for submission of abstracts – Tuesday 1 October 2019
For further information or assistance please contact Janice Candlish via email email@example.com